Lets talk about goats!

Yeah, he would go back to his mother and siblings and the rest of the heard. He was separated because mom rejected him out of the three kids. They gave him to us because they didn't have time to bottle feed him. It was either us, or culling him. Now that he is done with the bottle, we can give him back. So he definitely wouldn't be alone.

Is there anyone who could answer these questions for me?
TYIA!

If I own multiple breeds of goats and would like to apply for my own AGS registry name and number, do I need to apply separately for each breed of goat I own? Or would my entire herd be under one name & number?

Also, for those have have multiple breeds in there herd, do you have each double registered? I was told it is best and simplest to make both registries the same name and number, but how easy is that if you have 2 or 3 breeds, therefore having 3 or more registries...

It can be either way. Personally, I had all breeds under one name, but can have multiple herd names if that is easier to keep track of. I would just get really confused though, lol.

Well, we have been looking at goats, and we found some that we are interested in. One is a 2 week old that we would have to bottle feed. I am fine with that, but I am worried our original goat will be to rough? I don't really know. Would it be okay to keep him (born March 21, 2015) with an 11 day old male?

We found a goat last night. He is 8 weeks old, but since he was raised by a momma, he is at about the same maturity level and size as Billy (15 weeks). They have been getting along great together. Here they are. Billy is the black and white one in front. Charlie is the white one in back.

We found a goat last night. He is 8 weeks old, but since he was raised by a momma, he is at about the same maturity level and size as Billy (15 weeks). They have been getting along great together. Here they are. Billy is the black and white one in front. Charlie is the white one in back.
how cute! glad you could find him a buddy and they are getting along so well!!

I now realize we have changed Billy into a spoiled little goat. He is very pick, super hyper, and always has to have the attention. If he gets bored, he will call and call and call for us, despite having a friend.
th.gif
It has gotten a little better with a friend, but not by much. Sometimes Charlie will join in with him. We will check, and they usually have food and water. What should I do?

i say ignore the little butt lol he is probably so used to being with his parent who is now you! that he isnt caring about the goat friend so much. im by no means an expert im new to goats only have my one little bottle baby about a month now... please share if you find something that works for you!

Back
Top Bottom