Lets talk about goats!

Getting these two does in milk tomorrow. Will take better pics.
wee.gif

We have been using a water spray bottle and a firm voice. It works, up until you turn your back or you are out of sight. We have been his parent since he was 4 hours old.

lol my goat does the opposite hes ok as long as he can see me but if i lock him in his pen and walk away OH MAN he starts crying and he keeps going for like 20 minutes. usually i ket him graze my yard all day but when 8:30 comes around time for bed and he doesnt
like his bed time lol

A question about the water gun. How are you squirting the water at the goat? towards the ears, nose, head? or somewhere else?
I'm having a problem with Emily choosing to do tricky little things like stand her ground when I have her collar trying to walk her back to her shelter. This morning she got wise to my feeding program. I always set the water bucket inside the bucket with the chicken feed to keep the girls out of it while I am working on everything else I take to the chickens. Emily decided to hook the water bucket with her tiny little horn and swing it to the side in order to get to the chicken feed. We had a big out burst when I reached over and took it away.
I'm wondering if the squirt of water would detour the out burst. Deliah was no help she continued to much away on her tree. LOL they are sooooo opposite.....sigh

A question about the water gun. How are you squirting the water at the goat? towards the ears, nose, head? or somewhere else?
I'm having a problem with Emily choosing to do tricky little things like stand her ground when I have her collar trying to walk her back to her shelter. This morning she got wise to my feeding program. I always set the water bucket inside the bucket with the chicken feed to keep the girls out of it while I am working on everything else I take to the chickens. Emily decided to hook the water bucket with her tiny little horn and swing it to the side in order to get to the chicken feed. We had a big out burst when I reached over and took it away.
I'm wondering if the squirt of water would detour the out burst. Deliah was no help she continued to much away on her tree. LOL they are sooooo opposite.....sigh

It is a reptile mister bottle, since I haven't used it for a while for my lizards, and it was just sitting around. It is on a fine mist, so it is just toward him, not necessarily at him, but I mainly aim towards his body. Goats can become so wise when they want something. LOL.

lol my goat does the opposite hes ok as long as he can see me but if i lock him in his pen and walk away OH MAN he starts crying and he keeps going for like 20 minutes. usually i ket him graze my yard all day but when 8:30 comes around time for bed and he doesnt
like his bed time lol

We keep them in their pen all day, except on supervised out time. We decided to do that since you can tell how tall they are on all our plants now. Observe.

they really like the grapevine, he has gotten to the point where he stands on his hind legs:

Last edited:
at lizard and chicks i can see what you mean! thankfully and unfortunatly i have no beautiful floring plants other then my gardens which are blocked off anyways for fear of free ranging chickens! those are beautiful by the way!

lol yes I can see the issue with the greenery. I had (had) a potted plant on my deck. Beautiful purple lilies to be exact but after a few knock overs and three flowers eaten I finally retired the container to the greenhouse. I will cut back the greenery and pray the bulbs pop back up into bloom next year. I soooo love my goat girls =)

Back
Top Bottom