Lets talk about goats!

we named him Collyde

They are very nice, healthy looking little ones. Thank you for getting two to start with. It doesn't seem like rocket science, but with goats being herd animals, it is critical they be kept in pairs or more for their well being.

i love my girls and i can't wait till we breed them in the fall.. well I can't wait till we welcome more kids next spring I should say. I can't see me ever having only one goat! Deliah kidded 2 and Emily kidded 1 for Roy this past spring. 1 from each would make me very happy.!

I have a question. Deliah is still bothered by the flies, so much so she has rubbed the hair off the back of her neck about 5 inches long. It looks sore to me, I can see her skin. I've been putting Vaseline on the area but I would like info on something better that is more herbal then petroleum. Any suggestions would be helpful, thank you.

Rubbing hair off to the point of skin irritation is not a normal reaction to flies. She potentially has something else going on, such as lice or mites. You can see lice, at least. Use a nit comb and take a very close look. Mites need a skin scraping to see. You can do it if you have a microscope, if you don't, then a vet can do it.

If you still think flies are an issue, then you need to repel the flies. There are some essential oils that you can mix up that somewhat repel flies. But they aren't as good as a permethrin based spray. Look at the feeds store for fly sprays labeled for horses, they work fine on goats.

I'm getting a 4 month old nubian buck in a few weeks and don't have the fencing up yet. I already have the doe pen with 2 does and 1 wether who is 4 months old (he is going to live with the buck). I need ideas on how to keep the 2-4 month old boys in, like what kind of fencing is best. Thanks for any help!

finally i got my second goat today! yay!!
this is Napoleon he is my nigerian dwarf bottle baby he is alittle over 2 months
and this is his brother britus who will be renamed alexander! as we are going for a little men in big history theme! lol

they are so happy to be together again and we are so happy to have him finally join us!!

Back
Top Bottom