Lets talk about goats!

I didn't know this....
Make sure he does get enough food, certainly. Little Nigerian Dwarfs don't eat the much at a young age. We bottle fed our little guy the first day while his mother recovered from surgery and I think I almost over-flowed him. Over feeding is almost more dangerous then under-feeding from what I hear.

We are feeding 4 times a day like clock work.. 6,11,4,9.... She does fine on the stand and she is feeing others on her own... He seems a little depressed from being rejected....we love on him a lot and he is getting better but slowly and his cuts are healing. Thanks all your help was much need

I didn't know this....

We are feeding 4 times a day like clock work.. 6,11,4,9.... She does fine on the stand and she is feeing others on her own... He seems a little depressed from being rejected....we love on him a lot and he is getting better but slowly and his cuts are healing. Thanks all your help was much need
i wouldnt worry to awfully much kids are pretty resilliant and amazing little things. We had two nigerian girls that mom rejected after 2 days. They came in the house hypothermic and head lolling(not far from death for most animals)...3 hrs later they had found the springs in their back legs and were jumping around like maniacs. They stayed in the house, that was friday they are perfectly fine and still run around jumping like lunatics and annoying the dogs and our broken leg house lamb. i pretty much think the lamb actually likes them and just thinks they are crazy for running around like they do when she seems to have an anchor. He will get over being rejected and become very attached to the people and other goat kids. Our lamb was kinda the same way and we were really worried about her for about 3 days but now she seems happy and content, always happy to see us and likes being petted a lot.

i wouldnt worry to awfully much kids are pretty resilliant and amazing little things. We had two nigerian girls that mom rejected after 2 days. They came in the house hypothermic and head lolling(not far from death for most animals)...3 hrs later they had found the springs in their back legs and were jumping around like maniacs. They stayed in the house, that was friday they are perfectly fine and still run around jumping like lunatics and annoying the dogs and our broken leg house lamb. i pretty much think the lamb actually likes them and just thinks they are crazy for running around like they do when she seems to have an anchor. He will get over being rejected and become very attached to the people and other goat kids. Our lamb was kinda the same way and we were really worried about her for about 3 days but now she seems happy and content, always happy to see us and likes being petted a lot. 

Well I have great news after three ish days of putting momma on the milking stand and feeding the babies... And we noticed today she was letting him feed with out us.... And tonight she did the same so I think she accepted him back... Fingers crossed

Well I have great news after three ish days of putting momma on the milking stand and feeding the babies... And we noticed today she was letting him feed with out us.... And tonight she did the same so I think she accepted him back... Fingers crossed

good luck! I really hope it works for u guys!

That is great i'm so glad she seems like she will be taking him back. Hopefully it all works out well.

Need some advice!! I'm a new goat momma, I have 15wk old buck and two does 13wks and 11wks. I've read thousands of articles on how much and how often to give bottles. Can someone give some opinions or advice? Thanks a bunch!

Need some advice!! I'm a new goat momma, I have 15wk old buck and two does 13wks and 11wks. I've read thousands of articles on how much and how often to give bottles. Can someone give some opinions or advice? Thanks a bunch!

Feed one bottle a day and slowly cut down on it, introducing them to forage, grain, and/or hay while doing so. Make sure there is always water available and they know where it is and how to drink it.

Best of luck!
smile.png

By now your kids should be eating hay and grain well. Most people wean their kids between eight and twelve weeks of age.

Back
Top Bottom