Lets talk about goats!

It isn't hard to sign up on facebook, and in your case it might be worth it. It is a lot harder to permanently delete your facebook account than it is to start it but it can be done. I permanently deleted mine. I miss a couple things that were on facebook. Good recipes and funny videos and pictures would come up. The online yard sales and swap lists were fun, too.

Hey, anyone know where the best place is to list spotted boer goats for sale besides Craigslist? Have this doeling I wanna sell but sick of tire kickers and spam emails. I get flooded with them.

Honestly it may be worth it to make a farm page on Facebook for selling goats. Craigslist is not ideal for selling goats. On Facebook you can get connected with REAL, interested buyers in great sale groups.

And, for what its worth, if I wasn't 4 hours away I would definitely be interested in that doe. She's very nice.

Honestly it may be worth it to make a farm page on Facebook for selling goats. Craigslist is not ideal for selling goats. On Facebook you can get connected with REAL, interested buyers in great sale groups. 

And, for what its worth, if I wasn't 4 hours away I would definitely be interested in that doe. She's very nice. 

Yeah I hate Craigslist. Maybe I'll have my friend post her. I dont have Facebook cause I barely even have time to breath, lol. And if you are possibly interested, I'd be willing to meet or deliver.
1f609.png

​Definitely Nigerian Dwarfs, mine is a dog in a goat body.

Thanks! Sounds like Nigerians are a popular breed! :D
It really depends on the actual individual goat. I kept my nigerians years ago, I dont have any more. Just Boers now. And I never had them at the same time so I didn't keep them together. I DID however keep a boer meat project wether in with a couple 7-8 year old nigerian x wethers. The Boer boy was about a year or two old and maybe 120 # when he was in there with them and those guys were 7-8 years old and maybe 100#. They were old guys, polled, and my wether was horned and young. They got along fine. If they got near him during feeding, he would maybe give them a small shove, or if they were standing on his tire he would knock them off. But nothing too extreme. Just normal goat pecking order. But, it definitely depends on the personality of the goat and especially the size. Since these were nigerian crosses they were a bit bigger, probably 100#. I have seen 20# nigerians before and they would most definitely be not a good choice in with boers. 

Thank you! My boys can be rough with each other, but they never really seem to hurt each other. I'm just not sure how they would take to a smaller goat like a Nigerian. They're about 100 pounds now, should be around 180-200 full grown. I have time to think about it all though, which is good! :)
Hey, anyone know where the best place is to list spotted boer goats for sale besides Craigslist? Have this doeling I wanna sell but sick of tire kickers and spam emails. I get flooded with them.

You could see about hanging up a flyer in feed stores/farm stores around you. At least there's good, honest people that go there.

Just curious.  How old are they? Why are you getting bucks?  Are they for pets?  Are you planning on castrating them?

Just weaned I believe 13 weeks? Pets and we have an old overgrown pasture that we'd like to eventually clean up for cows. Yes we plan on castration. And still deciding if they are forever pets or going to be sold at 2?

We were at a farm getting ducks last weekend and asked to look through the goats. She showed us probably 20 different ones so I can't remember exactly how old the two are that we want. I believe they were twins and I know they were weaned. Plan on another Q&A with her before we go home tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom