Lets talk about goats!

Heres a pic of my poor little guy. Waiting on call from vet right now to go in. They had to move my appointment.

Heres a pic of my poor little guy. Waiting on call from vet right now to go in. They had to move my appointment.

Oh that poor thing! I feel so bad for you. He looks so sick. Gosh I wish I could give you the right advice. The way he is hunched, he's not feeling well and is hurting. Your vet needs to figure this out or put him down. I'm so sorry. God bless you for working so hard to save him.

I missed you all! Didn't quite ever get around to figuring out BYH. Anyways- have a question...

One of my goats scratched my husbands arm with her hoof, a couple hours later he had a ring and it's starting to look like ring worm. Can goats have ring worm only in their hooves and show no signs on their bodies? I've thoroughly looked over every goat and none are showing signs of ring worm.

What is the best medicine to treat their hooves with? Should I only treat the one goat or treat all?

I'll be cleaning out their sleeping/covered area very very thoroughly as well.

Thank you!

Well, it's going to take me forever to read this whole thread, but I've done some perusing.
We just put down a deposit on two doelings that should be weaned in early July. They are registered experimental, 1/2 Alpine 1/2 Nubian. We are very excited! We've been planning to get goats for some time and they can't come home soon enough.

Well, it's going to take me forever to read this whole thread, but I've done some perusing.
We just put down a deposit on two doelings that should be weaned in early July. They are registered experimental, 1/2 Alpine 1/2 Nubian. We are very excited! We've been planning to get goats for some time and they can't come home soon enough.

How exciting!!! Do you have pictures of them? What are your long term plans for them? Milk, I'm assuming?

We got our first dairy goats a few months ago and having fresh milk every day is the best thing ever. We used to get our milk from a friend a couple towns over who had a jersey- but now I can just go right to my back yard!

How exciting!!! Do you have pictures of them? What are your long term plans for them? Milk, I'm assuming?

We got our first dairy goats a few months ago and having fresh milk every day is the best thing ever. We used to get our milk from a friend a couple towns over who had a jersey- but now I can just go right to my back yard!
I don't have any pics unless I screenshot from the seller's facebook. They look like Alpines though, except they have huge ears of the Nubian that they have full control over like an Alpine. They make them stand up! Absolutely adorable. They are twins.
Yes, our goals are milk and pets. We wanted at least two milkers. I drink a lot of kefir, and prefer it with raw goat milk. That's pricey to buy in the store! I also love the personality of goats. I am also very interesting in learning cheese making. We've considered a cow too, but our property is more suitable for goats and I like their size better!

Back
Top Bottom