Lets talk about goats!

He seemed pretty rough all day. Came out for a little bit and started bleeding a little bit. Got him blue coated and gave him a baby asperin. Also gave him a shot of vitamin b I had here from Ford. Hoping he's feeling a little bit better tomorrow. He at least cuddled with me today .

Poor guy. I know the first two days with mine were really rough, but they were also banded not surgically castrated so recover may be different :( hope he's back to himself soon!

Beautiful goats. Why DE may I ask? I use a natural wormer for mine but don't use DE for anyone other than my fowl.

I would offer the minerals free choice. They're not going to take what they don't need. I would also offer baking sode side by side with the minerals.

I would I give them grains in the later part of their pregnancies also, as well as when they are in milk :)

The food grade D.E. is supposed to be act as a wormer. My understanding is that all goats have worms, we can only control the load but can't get rid of them. The previous owner never wormed these goats but only gave D.E. Their eyes are very pink so there has to be some merit to it.

ahhh I see. That's why I use the natural wormer I use to control their worm load. I would be too concerned about my goats aspirating the DE to use it :confused:

But if it works for them then fantastic!

Well when we did ours I held them like this so my husband could do the actual banding. Made it much easier to see and make sure we weren't getting any nipples stuck in there. Picture is from google lol

Didn't show up in my last reply!

Attachments

• IMG_3649.JPG
    IMG_3649.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3649.JPG
    IMG_3649.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 9
Hello fellow goat people, my Pygmy has a cold and our Nubians caught it!!! The have ACV in their water along with molasses to encourage drinking. We've been putting Vix and VetRX on their noses. Is their anything else? Also my Pygmy eats show grain, is it ok for him to have or should I hold off until he's better?

Cold? Are you sure it isn't pneumonia? Are the goats eating well and do they act like they feel OK? Have you taken their temperature?

Cold? Are you sure it isn't pneumonia? Are the goats eating well and do they act like they feel OK? Have you taken their temperature?
Yes, we took their temp. It was normal. They all act completely normal. Just this morning they were running and jumping in the pasture like 3 normal goats. They are eating normally.

Back
Top Bottom