Lets talk about goats!

White means he is anemic. Anemic (at least most of the time) means worms. Worm him and then later have a fecal done to see if your wormer was effective. While you are at it have him checked for coccidia. Lice are another possibility. They are small and hard to see and they suck the blood which can also cause anemia. It wouldn't hurt to treat your goats with BoSe. The soils in many areas of the country are low in selenium and a selenium deficiency can cause a host of problems.

Thank you!! I use kelp powder and BOSS. He loves the feed now, but at first I was adding molasses because he wouldn't eat it. Just got back from orschalen with the red cell!!

He just got wormer, red cell, pro bios from yogurt, b vitamins and a nice bath :)

Thank you all so much! Will update with how he's doing.

When I saw the ladies place I knew I was probably gonna run into some issues but I couldn't bear to leave him :love

June Carter says THANKS!

Attachments

• IMG_2910.JPG
    IMG_2910.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2971.JPG
    IMG_2971.JPG
    544 KB · Views: 4
Oh my what a beautiful picture of your goat! What breed do you have?
I'm new to (considering getting) goats. I want a breed for wool (is it called wool if it comes from a goat instead of a sheep?) and dairy. I first came across Pygoras and then heard about nigoras... I'm thinking they may be just what I'm looking for, but in my area there are none that I know of.
At any rate...yours is just stunning... perfect goat face with all those ringlets!
jean
Hi Jean, thanks, we have angora goats . The goat in the pic is ' WOMBLES ' .

Haha, love the name!
I was reading through this entire thread and got so excited when I saw that pic, I forgot I was only 1/3 of the way through the posts!
I'm thinking, if I can get goats, I will get 2 kinder does, a kinder buck and an Angora wether, that way all my goats will "produce" in one way or another.
Thanks again for sharing the picture!
jean

I just got into goats. It's funny cuz when I first started my little farm I said absolutely no goats bc I have no use for them. Until I came across goat milk! Lol Now I have 2 dairy does and one dairy buck. And I have to say I really like them! Them and my mini zebu are so much fun!
We are looking to get dairy goats. We are thinking about Nigerian dwarfs. What type do you have? Did you try other milks before?

Hello! I have a Saanen goat who is due with her 5th round of kidding pretty soon. I don't have an exact date because I bought her bred, and she was open bred for her entire heat cycle (dairy goats are seasonal breeders, usually 3 months long, with fertal days 21 days apart lasting about 3 days or so each time) So, she missed her last date when she could have been due, so if she was bred her next chance it would be 3 weeks later, which is coming up. Hope that is all understandable. This girl hasn't had any problems kidding, never needed an assist, but has always had triplets (common enough in dairy goats) with her last breeding producing quads (a little less common, sorta like having a singlte) but she is gettin up in age now, so Im not expecting more than twins out of her and worry about her having much larger than she's used to kids because there will be fewer. I can certainly step in if needed, but have my fingers crossed I won't have to. Her udder isn't tight yet, but her ligaments are looser (but not gone yet!) Im not expecting her udder to get tight until the day of or even during labor since she is so experianced. Makes for estimating her labor that much harder! She's driving me NUTS. I sit with her in her big 25x100 ft pen, just sit on a crate, and she wants me to love on her. She'll graze a bit, but spends most of her time getting my attention, pushing her big polled head into my lap so I'll scratch her behind her ears and under her chin where she can't reach because of her size now. She's become such a baby! She is streching alot which I've heard is also a good sign when they start getting closer, they do it to get the babies into position in the birth canal. Anyone else have a goat due? I'd love to hear!!!!
Do you breed your does with your own buck? Or use someone else's?

Back
Top Bottom