Lets talk about goats!

So another question. Now that we have the boys in the barn and the barn fixed up so we can store hay we've been trying to figure out what kind to get. Ive always just got one at a time at the co op but theres so many different ones advertised all around us I'm super confused. What is good hay? 1st, 2nd cut or what should it have in it?

First cut is usually the best, but honestly goats do well on both. And mixed grass is better for goats. Because they're browsers, it will give them more variety in their diet. They like the thicker hay. ;)
Oh and it usually the cheapest too!

Last edited:
Hello fellow goat lovers. :frow I've been following this thread for a while and actually read the entire thing. But don't quiz me because I know I don't remember everything. :lol: I decided to finally comment now that I got my goats. A couple weeks ago I got 3 Nigerian Dwarf goats; 1 doe in milk and 2 doelings. They are doing well and settling in to their new home. They are so sweet and loving. The big one is Holly, the white one is Sugar, and the brown one is Cookie.
IMG_1942.JPG
IMG_1981.JPG
IMG_2007.JPG
IMG_2020.JPG
IMG_2023.JPG
IMG_2024.JPG

Hello fellow goat lovers. :frow I've been following this thread for a while and actually read the entire thing. But don't quiz me because I know I don't remember everything. :lol: I decided to finally comment now that I got my goats. A couple weeks ago I got 3 Nigerian Dwarf goats; 1 doe in milk and 2 doelings. They are doing well and settling in to their new home. They are so sweet and loving. The big one is Holly, the white one is Sugar, and the brown one is Cookie.
View attachment 1098958 View attachment 1098959 View attachment 1098960 View attachment 1098961 View attachment 1098962 View attachment 1098963
Congratulations!! Beautiful girls, very healthy looking! Your life will never be the same! ;):lau

Back
Top Bottom