Lets talk about goats!

hello everyone, just a few questions about goats or well goat meat.
i like sheep/lamb meat, but read goat tastes different (like venison cross some say, am not sure) now am an adventurous eater, i mean i will try most things (to some limit) and goat is one of those things i would like to try. so here are a few questions.

1. in your opinion what does it taste like? as i said before i have heard it is like deer/venison is that true) because i do enjoy venison.

2. would you recommend trying it? its not cheap but i would like to give it a go. so would enjoy to hear your opinions on that.

3. and lastly what would be some good recipes for trying it? or anything about cooking goat meat?
My dad loves goat BBQ

I found the meat from our goats to be milder in flavor than venison or lamb. Personally, I do not like venison but i do like goat. As for cooking it, any beef or lamb recipe will work. Just keep in mind that it is usually very lean so you have to take care that it doesn't dry out during cooking. I once used a marinade of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and rosemary to cook a roast. It was from a Julia Child recipe for butterflied leg of lamb. It was delicious.

if this is her 2nd kidding. ... if she hasn't kidded within 24hrs of the ligaments being gone...I would call a vet.

Especially since it is Friday....if she is not in labor, I would call a vet now.
I could just getting the ligaments wrong, I've never reall felt for them before. And she doesn't seem to be in distress. I'm going to compare it to a non pregnant doe today

Back
Top Bottom