Lets talk about our current broodies :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
gig.gif

HATCH DAY IS HERE!!!!!!!!

I've got half a cracked egg with a duckie about to pop out the last little bit ANY SECOND. None of the other eggs have pipped but I hear them wiggling and this little dude is ALMOST DONE. I peaked inside and he's even eaten all his yolk already! One more kick little dude!!!!

LOL! i must say i'd lagh too. i don't think poor old Fluff would find it funny though, she'd be very confused!
lol.png

i don't quite know how i'd go about raising a lizzard... hmmm...
tongue.png

good luck with you little ducks! post some pics, i just love ducks
roll.png
, i'm just not allowed to keep them
sad.png

Last edited:
77625_dscf0960.jpg

that's one of the wild eggs in comparisen to a silkie egg. they're just TINY!
dad found them alone in a bowl of dust surrounded by some weeds, he thinks they might be a 'plover', he's unaware that there's many different types of pluver (over 40), so i couldn't compare the egg pictures to see. if my research is correct, a baby plover will need to be force-fed for the first 3 days! that can be mums job for wanting to raise them
tongue.png
i hope at least one of them hatches!

Quote:
Oh thats a cool lookin egg
smile.png

that's one of the wild eggs in comparisen to a silkie egg. they're just TINY!
dad found them alone in a bowl of dust surrounded by some weeds, he thinks they might be a 'plover', he's unaware that there's many different types of pluver (over 40), so i couldn't compare the egg pictures to see. if my research is correct, a baby plover will need to be force-fed for the first 3 days! that can be mums job for wanting to raise them i hope at least one of them hatches!

lau.gif

@happyhens44, i think so, but i'm a little bias as their mumma
tongue.png

the one that isn't very developed (since it was probably laid around the same time) is probably dead, so if it doesn't grow or starts to smell, i might leave it in a safe place and see if it dehydtrates, a hollow little egg like this would be so pretty, and i have a mate that collects all sorts of natural (eggs, rocks, pressed flowers, dried corn, coral!) things, he'd probably want it, since i'm so hopless, i'd lost or break it!

Back
Top Bottom