Lets talk about our current broodies :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could always just take her off the nest and put her outside once a day to let her poo-that's what I do. They get to stretch their legs and do the poo outside...there's no way that I could have broody poo in the house
sickbyc.gif
Mine get their routine down fairly quickly and are done in about 5 minutes.

Quote:

Ok, here's my first chick of the year...not supposed to hatch until Sunday, but last night (Friday) it arrived. I haven't check under her for more but I can hear another chick peeping!

DSC08436.jpg

too cold for my hens still. I'm sure Barry my mutt hen will go broody again this year, she's tops. She hatched three broods last year, 20 out of 20 chicks and one duckling.

I normally let my ducks hatch their own eggs, but this was a cross between a Peking and a Muscovy. The Peking never gets broody. She sat on 6 eggs but only one hatched...I blame the genetics and not Barry.

Today I took my 6 silkie eggs from the incubator and put them under my broody hen.

This is my first broody hen, and she has been sitting for about a week. She went broody the DAY I moved my new chicks out to the shed. She got to see chicks, and decided she wanted some.

She is pretty funny when she growls....

I think she will be a good mama.

Back
Top Bottom