Let's talk Cuckoo and WHITE marans... breeding strategies...

Yellow skin is RECESSIVE. So it would not express in a recent cross. You can test them with a breed with yellow skin. If you get ANY chicks with yellow skin they carry it.

Yes the messy look is right the barring look is wrong. So is almost all black.

marans2xl.com/

Has nice Marans. Vivi

Yes, he does, I have some of his Marans.

Very nice stock, just hatched some from his eggs, He sent me from the Fort Worth Show.

I'm in Texas but ship hatching eggs and pullets of Cuckoo Marans.

Www.pshigodagirlsfarm.com
How is the egg color? I'm looking for the darkest I can find. A lot of Cuckoo strains out there have been seriously diluted.
sad.png
Any pics?

How is the egg color? I'm looking for the darkest I can find. A lot of Cuckoo strains out there have been seriously diluted.
sad.png
Any pics?

All I have of Ernie's Marans are white ones and Black Coppers. The copper eggs are pretty dark, but not as dark as my best line. The white ones are ok, but again, not as dark as my best line.

They are gorgeous birds, though.

I think the egg color on cuckoos is in serious need of improvement. That is my project this year. I have some solid blacks and a blue I will be crossing to the cuckoos to improve egg color. I now have the feathered leg thing fixed egg color is now up to the plate.

I think the egg color on cuckoos is in serious need of improvement. That is my project this year. I have some solid blacks and a blue I will be crossing to the cuckoos to improve egg color. I now have the feathered leg thing fixed egg color is now up to the plate.
If you get the egg color way dark, PLEASE let me know, I have been working on type & now it is time to work on the egg color.

Back
Top Bottom