Let's Talk Mille Fleur Cochin Bantams

That's a good hatch for shipped eggs, but I don't know what could have caused the two deaths. If it was something to do with the shipping I don't think they would have made it to hatch.

In an attempt to bring this thread to life...
I tried to get some pics oft he 'betrothed' today XD I don't normally selectively pair off any particular ones, and just keep the best all in a pen together. But, I think these two would be great toegether, so I'm gonna try it...
This is them being cold. It's FREEZING! Chasta (hen) is on the left, and Regius (cockerel) is on the right

Here they are snuggling

Chasta being creepy

Chasta being creepy again XD

They got fascinated with the screen

This one shows Chasta's colour pretty good

Regius moved to the arm of the chair

Chasta thinks she's big. She's shaped like a tiny beach ball XD

And Riley jumps up, photobombing Regius

Stealing all the glory XD

He finally left when a hen walked by XD

Then Reid walked by, so I took a couple pics of my best boy :-D

Being awesome XD

Looking at a bug I didn't see :-o

Both about to fall asleep XD

Last edited:
Glad i found this thread, i am actively seeking females or hatching eggs and not having much luck. I know its not the best time of year. I hatched 4 chicks in the spring, lost 2 within that first few days and the 2 that survived are both roos. Sold 1 kept 1 since they were identical. I now need girls.

Here are the boys with their broody.

Here is the boy i kept now. Seeing a good speciman i can now see mine isn't that great. He is lacking the coloring displayed so well in previous pics posted here.

I have decided to try shipping eggs when it warms up a little if you are still interested :-D

In an attempt to bring this thread to life... I tried to get some pics oft he 'betrothed' today XD I don't normally selectively pair off any particular ones, and just keep the best all in a pen together. But, I think these two would be great toegether, so I'm gonna try it... This is them being cold. It's FREEZING! Chasta (hen) is on the left, and Regius (cockerel) is on the right Here they are snuggling Chasta being creepy Chasta being creepy again XD They got fascinated with the screen This one shows Chasta's colour pretty good Regius moved to the arm of the chair Chasta thinks she's big. She's shaped like a tiny beach ball XD And Riley jumps up, photobombing Regius Stealing all the glory XD He finally left when a hen walked by XD Then Reid walked by, so I took a couple pics of my best boy :-D Being awesome XD Looking at a bug I didn't see :-o Both about to fall asleep XD
They are GORGEOUS!!!
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png

Thanks! I love my milles and they are the first thing I have really bred for quality. I'm actually enjoying being selective XD
Can't wait to see how the babies feather out!

I am located in Central Oregon and my flock of bantam mille fleur cochins is getting older - I lost a few to old age this year. I have been looking for mille fleur cochin eggs or chicks, but haven't found anything. Does anyone have some available? Here is a photo of my flock, two of the three mille hens you see have passed. :-(

Back
Top Bottom