Votes: 3 9.1%
  • No but I want to some day!

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • No but they interest me!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have a question
big_smile.png
first how ya been?! Lol! & second how mean are boers that aren't castrated?

Are neighbors had a large black boer and a young boer that we took care of for a while. They were both very docile, and you could walk right up and pet them. It varys boar to boar though.

I have a question
big_smile.png
first how ya been?! Lol! & second how mean are boers that aren't castrated?

good

well it depends they can be mean if you get the right one and there is a sal or gilt that Is in heat and its trying to breed it personally I have never had one attack me or anything of the sort but I always use caution espeacially when I am in the pasture (high weeds) and there is a bore and sals the reason for this is I am weary that they might think it is another bore and etc. but I will ask my dad if you want futher information

but generally they are very nice

Last edited:
I grew up on a large farm and we always had about 300+ head of pigs, mostly York's and Hampshire. You also need to watch sows when they have little piglets because they can get very protective and aggressive.

I grew up on a large farm and we always had about 300+ head of pigs, mostly York's and Hampshire. You also need to watch sows when they have little piglets because they can get very protective and aggressive.

wow the most we raise is 3 sals with litters

and yes the mothers can be espeacially if you step into the furrowing crate my dad told me once that even though there in that crate and your in side back they can still easily bite you my dad said when he was little he bout lost his leg

I have never had that happen except the sal normally wants to chew on my boot and we spend a little bit of extra pittle time outside like if we was filling the waters up

do you still hog farm?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom