Let's Talk With Some Weirdos

Pics
This makes sense, and I would definitely do a fire "demonstration", but personally I wouldn't use their toys. I get what you're trying to teach with that, but a child cannot regulate their emotions, and would not likely process the lesson, they'll just be upset about the toy and possibly resent you for it

Now buying a toy for this purpose? Or something similar, absolutely could work. While showing them how dangerous fire is
I don't know about that my daughter has absolutely no resentment for me whatsoever she's 30 years old and tells me she loves me everyday tells me that she pales in comparison to me which I think is silly but whatever and I even practiced what my mom did to me when Ashley left her toys laying around I took them and gave them to needy children and had her help me do it she has learned that the things that she finds precious need to be taken care of when she had friends over if they left popsicle sticks or rappers or icy sleeves on the ground and I found them it got taken away they didn't get them again and I practiced this throughout her entire childhood she is a grown adult lives on her own has three cats and a dog pays her bills goes to work works in a metal Milling plant and is second hand to the supervisor so I honestly think I didn't really do too bad

I also know (being somewhat of an expert in the field) that there is no one "right" way to parent. Every kid, every family, every situation is different. There are definitely WRONG ways to parent, though...
Agreed, depends on the situation and kids.
What I meant by less than good parents, is parents who spend no real time with their kids. Often that leads to the kids acting up for attention, etc. Other times they unintentionally fuel the issue by babyifying their kids etc etc etc. No one "right" way, but many ways to mess up.

Not blaming the parents either, I appreciate how hard it can be, especially when working full time jobs.

I don't know about that my daughter has absolutely no resentment for me whatsoever she's 30 years old and tells me she loves me everyday tells me that she pales in comparison to me which I think is silly but whatever and I even practiced what my mom did to me when Ashley left her toys laying around I took them and gave them to needy children and had her help me do it she has learned that the things that she finds precious need to be taken care of when she had friends over if they left popsicle sticks or rappers or icy sleeves on the ground and I found them it got taken away they didn't get them again and I practiced this throughout her entire childhood she is a grown adult lives on her own has three cats and a dog pays her bills goes to work works in a metal Milling plant and is second hand to the supervisor so I honestly think I didn't really do too bad
I didn't mean long term, I meant in the moment. But yeah of course every kid is different

Back
Top Bottom