Let's Try this Again! Hello!

Neanerbeaner

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 9, 2012
My husband and I have decided to raise a small clan of chickens :) Our coop comes tomorrow (getting a chicken ARK) and we're picking up chickens this week!
Where we are chickens are unlawful. We are JUST within city limits (our property backs up to out of city limits). Our neighbors already said they don't have a problem with hens (we wouldn't get a rooster anyway) so that part is squared away.
I've spoken with a breeder of BLR and Marans. I was thinking 2 of each, or maybe 1 of each and an Ameracauna? We need breeds that are known to be fairly quiet. I know that personalities vary, but trying to stack the deck in our favor.
Is there another breed you might suggest?

Welcome to the BYC forum! Considering that your neighbors are on board, you should not have a problem - fingers crossed. It never hurts to share some eggs once they are laying
smile.png

I haven't noticed big differences in how noisy my various breeds are. Buff Orpingtons are really friendly and Cochins are pretty quiet.

Hens really don't make much noise at all.. that is unless they're laying an egg. They can make a loud "bakbakbakBAK" sound when finished laying. I have never had one breed that was quieter then another. There may be some exceptions though.

Good luck!

welcome-byc.gif
from the gateway to the Okefenokee Swamp and the Folkston Funnel - a train watchers paradise!

Back
Top Bottom