Letting your inner cheap out

I re-use ziplock baggies depending on what was in them .
I always wash my clothes in cold water .
I only wash clothes that are actually dirty not just worn for a few hours .
I groom my own dogs (would cost $50+ every six weeks if I didn't)
I never buy new clothing (with the execption of undergarmets )
I don't use paper towels .
I hang my clothes to dry when possible .
I use compact fluorescent lights .
Just for starters .

I don't throw things away or give them to good will. I pack what is not needed or wanted anymore away. I price it for a rummage sale as I pack then one weekend in the summer I have a rummage sale. I will make anywhere from $300. to $500 some years more. I use that money for school clothes (always on sale racks and now I go to a store in Green Bay WI that has everything in it for $8.99 but can't remember the name just know where to go to get there). What is left is spent on household items like TP and cleaning supplies. I know it sounds like work but because it is priced as it is put away there really isn't alot involved. What doesn't sell one year gets packed away for the next.

I also shop rummage sales and I watch for the craft, quilt and cross stitch mags as they are always good for a resale to someone with that hobby. I can get them for 25 cents or less and sell them for anywhere from $1 to $5. I have to save where I can and make a penny where I can.

I do alot of other things already mentioned so no sense repeating those LOL

But thanks for all the great ideas.

I also round up each dollar I spend in the checkbook. So if I spend $1.54 at the store, I round it up to an even $2.00 in the check book. Each year I have around $200.00 left over in December for Christmas. Weird, but it works.

Nuggetsowner:) :

I haven't used hot/warm water to wash my clothes in ages!! I have found that the laundry detergent recipe found on another post works great in cold water.

Also it help to make and or grow and or can or freeze alot of your own food. Being self sufficient is in a way "cheap".

What was that recipe again??​

Quote:
????????????
hmm.png

I live in Arizona, but I do not have Air Conditioning!
I dont have a clothes dryer, so I hang everything.
I let my land grow until the winter wheat is mature enough to harvest for feed for my chooks and goats.
I cut everyones hair,(I kinda stink at it but I am getting better)including pets.
I have never owned a new vehicle and I fix my own.
I am the ultimate recycler! My house is a 35 yr old trailer house!
Get my paint from the country recycling center
buy my lumber as culls from Home Depot at .51cents each
only drive to town when I have a doctors appointment and then do all my other stuff
buy clothes on clearance only and wear my own until they are too disreputable to be seen(not dirty, holey!)
joined a food co-op and i can buy a box of food that feeds the family for a week for $35.00
never eat out, cook from scratch
shut off home phone and only use cell
my vacation is getting my dogs neutered(costs $300 so there goes my travel money) but it needs to be done.
I get my medications in 3 month supplies so I save on gas and co-pays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Do you also get free pens? Paper? Chairs? Desks? Computers? Windows?

Being frugal is one thing...stealing is another

To be honest, I get really mad at people who claim they are living frugally and green...when all they are really doing is free loading of others.

I am frugal...but I think I am generous as well. ...

Happy 4 July to all the dumpster divers
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom