Levamisole dosage for chicken with gapeworm. Help please!

mummerhen

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 30, 2012
I could only get my hands on Levamisole (worm-enda syrup concentrate) to treat my chicken with suspected gape worm. She's been suffering for a few days so I would like to give her a big dose to get rid of it. Not sure of dosage tho- It is a 30ml bottle with 10ml of levamisole hydrochloride (8.48ml of levamisole). It says to dilute 0.5ml in 20ml of water to be given as drinking water... but I will need to squirt it down her throat as drinking is difficult for her. Any suggestions for a concentated dose?

I could only get my hands on Levamisole (worm-enda syrup concentrate) to treat my chicken with suspected gape worm. She's been suffering for a few days so I would like to give her a big dose to get rid of it. Not sure of dosage tho- It is a 30ml bottle with 10ml of levamisole hydrochloride (8.48ml of levamisole). It says to dilute 0.5ml in 20ml of water to be given as drinking water... but I will need to squirt it down her throat as drinking is difficult for her. Any suggestions for a concentated dose?

Scroll down to the Worm-Enda dosages. Hopefully this link will help:
http://fowlfacts.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=medshhh&action=display&thread=281

Back
Top Bottom