LF: Rooster! (Houston area preferred)

Impeckable

In the Brooder
Oct 15, 2019
Hello everyone! Recently, I unfortunately lost my roo that was raised with my girls from the time they were nearly hatchlings due to a bad incident with the neighbor's dog. Now that the dog has been removed and is no longer a threat to my ladies, I'm searching for a new roo for them! My mother misses the sound of crowing in the morning, so she's sent me on a mission to find us a new little guy, lol.

I've got 8 girls, most of them are 16 weeks but I've got one little one a couple weeks younger (she sure holds her own, though!) and they're all over the place in terms of breed. (Two silver wyandottes, one gold wyandotte, a RIR, a plymouth rock, two ameracaunas, and an easter egger, oh my!) Although we got them for egg purposes, they're more like pets and members of the family than just egg layers!

My old roo was a gorgeous white easter egger (with the cheek muffs and all!), although I'm not specifically looking for the same kind of breed. I'm most interested in Brahmas as I absolutely love black/white birds and I'm a sucker for giant chickens. I've also read they're quite docile, which I love! If I can't find a Brahma, I'm also interested in Easter Eggers, Jersey Giants, Ameraucanas, and perhaps Cochins or Wyandottes. I'm mostly looking for a bird around the same age, but if he's a little younger or a little older that's alright with me.

Im a bit NW of Houston in the Waller area, but I'm willing to make a little bit of a trip to pick up the perfect roo, otherwise I'd be okay with mail order as I'm usually home all the time and can watch out for him coming in, though would much prefer to pick him up myself. I've tried to contact a few hatcheries, but there's surprisingly not very many in this area and most only sell very young chicks or not even roos at all.

I'd love to see pictures if possible, and can supply my email if you'd prefer to send images that way!

Hello everyone! Recently, I unfortunately lost my roo that was raised with my girls from the time they were nearly hatchlings due to a bad incident with the neighbor's dog. Now that the dog has been removed and is no longer a threat to my ladies, I'm searching for a new roo for them! My mother misses the sound of crowing in the morning, so she's sent me on a mission to find us a new little guy, lol.

I've got 8 girls, most of them are 16 weeks but I've got one little one a couple weeks younger (she sure holds her own, though!) and they're all over the place in terms of breed. (Two silver wyandottes, one gold wyandotte, a RIR, a plymouth rock, two ameracaunas, and an easter egger, oh my!) Although we got them for egg purposes, they're more like pets and members of the family than just egg layers!

My old roo was a gorgeous white easter egger (with the cheek muffs and all!), although I'm not specifically looking for the same kind of breed. I'm most interested in Brahmas as I absolutely love black/white birds and I'm a sucker for giant chickens. I've also read they're quite docile, which I love! If I can't find a Brahma, I'm also interested in Easter Eggers, Jersey Giants, Ameraucanas, and perhaps Cochins or Wyandottes. I'm mostly looking for a bird around the same age, but if he's a little younger or a little older that's alright with me.

Im a bit NW of Houston in the Waller area, but I'm willing to make a little bit of a trip to pick up the perfect roo, otherwise I'd be okay with mail order as I'm usually home all the time and can watch out for him coming in, though would much prefer to pick him up myself. I've tried to contact a few hatcheries, but there's surprisingly not very many in this area and most only sell very young chicks or not even roos at all.

I'd love to see pictures if possible, and can supply my email if you'd prefer to send images that way!
I have an Blue Spangled Red EE, cockerel, plus a couple Orpington crosses. These are older pictures.
0706191414.jpg
0706191412r.jpg
0706191413.jpg
They're available, but will be soup, or roasted chicken, if nobody takes them.

Back
Top Bottom