LG 9200?

bigredfeather

Songster
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
Yorkshire, Ohio
For all of you that have a LG 9200, how do you get the humitity up the last three days? I have not been abable to get mine above 35%. I have kept water in the bottom the entire time. Any other tips experienced owners of this incubator have would be appreciated. This is my first hatch.

Thanks!

You need to add lots of wet sponges, or wet socks, plus some paper towel (wet of course). I put paper towels in the water wells, kind of looped around in them, so there is more surface area.

I only have to add a few sponges to get it to 65%, plus when the chicks start hatching it goes up on its own.

If the sponges/socks dont work, try adding a humidafier to the room that might help a little also.

I add napkins to the base and dip part of them in the wells to wick out
water. I also plug both vent holes if I need to. I have no problem
getting my LG to 65% humidity.

I'm assuming you have a fan. An LG without a fan is a real challenge.

Mine usually runs this time of year around 50%, and that is with sponges already in the bator. I have to add more sponges to get it to go higher.

I use sea sponges I bought at Walmart in the craft dept. they are a little larger than a golf ball. I soak them with hot water and slip one in. In a couple hours I check hum and if I need to I add another. They come in a bag of 12.
I keep my hum at 50 % then on day 18 up to 65 to 75 %.

Try the sponges with hot water as they worked good for me. You can also get small tubing at harware stor and a syringe. Use plug hole to insert tubing into water troughs and you can remove water and add hot water without opening bator. That way after day 18 when your not supposed to open bator in order to hold temp and hum you can still add hot water.

Do you have the plugs in or out ? Bator will hold hum better with them in. If you sit bator on a 2 by2 in each side so it is elevated off table bator will be able to get fresh air exchange from holes in bottom of bator.
Does your bator have a fan ? A fan helps regulate temp and hum better I believe.

Everyone has a different way so read alot of threads to get different info. Then you just have to figure out what works for you.

There are ways to check the accuracy of your hygrometer as well.
Put 1/2 cup salt in cup and just enough water to make it pasty. Put in a zip lock bag and lay hygrometer inside bag an seal. Leave at room temp 12 hours. If it is right on it will show 75 %. If it doesn't then you can adjust if yours is adjustable and check in another 7 hours until it is right. Some that are not adjusable you will just know it is (example 72 it is 3 degrees low or 78 it is 3 high) Then you can figure out accurite hum. Many times they are not correct ! So it is a good idea to check before each hatch as they may need readjusted.

Sorry for the letter !!!! Hope it helps.

I found that the LG still air was a total nightmare for me to maintain higher humidity for the last 3 days. I was trying to use it only as a hatcher. The room humidity was around 50%. I would fill all of the trenches, add a small bowl of water, a couple of sponges, and could get it to 65% for about 2 hours. By the next morning, it was down to 45-50%. The only way that I was able to get condensation on the windows was to add hot water, but within a couple hours, it was dry and back down to 50%.

I got frustrated because I had tried everything possible, and still couldn't maintain 65-70%. I finally just switched my turner over to the LG and tried my old hovabator as a hatcher. I filled the trenches on the Hova, added a wet sponge, (no bowl of water), and within an hour, it was at 78%. Overnight, it settled back to 68% and has stayed there for 3 days so far.

I'm just blown away by this. I used two different bators, in the exact same conditions, with one red plug left in in each of them, and one of them maintains humidity perfectly, and the other will not. I have no idea why, and I guess it's one of those mysterys that I'll never know.

Back
Top Bottom