LG Temperature disasters

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenlovernoteater, Mar 10, 2008.

1. chickenlovernoteater

chickenlovernoteater Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2008
    Ok, I started with a new batch of eggs after failing the last time, and I think I know why. After putting three different themometers in it, I finally got the right temperature reading. Only problem is, they are all over the place. It was constant for three days before I put my brahma eggs in, but now it's going insane!! Last night I noticed it was at 102.7, so I lowered a tiny bit so that it was constant at 101 (still air) for the 4 hours I checked it, and then when I woke up this morning, it was at 97.3!! My eggs are only 6 days old in incubation time, and I can't get the temp constant... Are they gonners?

2. turnerstar31

turnerstar31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    no it is better to have it to low than to high. Good luck with your hatch and hope it goes well.

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Do you have a closet or area where you can put it so that the air temps change less quickly? Are you using a surge protector? In a still air you want the temps at the top of the eggs to be 101.5 - 102. If your thermometer is accurate I don't think 102.7 hurt the eggs. Candle them in a few days and look for movement.

4. chickenlovernoteater

chickenlovernoteater Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2008
    We had a power outage last night, and again when i was at work this morning. I came home for lunch and the temp was at 103... grrr this is so frustrating. If these chicks make it, it will be a miracle.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by