LG Temperature disasters

chickenlovernoteater

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 1, 2008
Ok, I started with a new batch of eggs after failing the last time, and I think I know why. After putting three different themometers in it, I finally got the right temperature reading. Only problem is, they are all over the place. It was constant for three days before I put my brahma eggs in, but now it's going insane!! Last night I noticed it was at 102.7, so I lowered a tiny bit so that it was constant at 101 (still air) for the 4 hours I checked it, and then when I woke up this morning, it was at 97.3!! My eggs are only 6 days old in incubation time, and I can't get the temp constant... Are they gonners?

Do you have a closet or area where you can put it so that the air temps change less quickly? Are you using a surge protector? In a still air you want the temps at the top of the eggs to be 101.5 - 102. If your thermometer is accurate I don't think 102.7 hurt the eggs. Candle them in a few days and look for movement.

We had a power outage last night, and again when i was at work this morning. I came home for lunch and the temp was at 103... grrr this is so frustrating. If these chicks make it, it will be a miracle.

Back
Top Bottom