LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I got a painting commissioned of my brother's cat we lost a few weeks ago and my mom got teary looking at it. The artist got it down to a T, it's almost like a filtered photograph. You can totally see Tiger's personality in the painting
I'm an artist and did this for my aunt who's dog died, a while ago. I surprised her with it a while after. It made her cry
I have another aunt who also lost her dog, recently, and I need to do his portrait next

I don't know how I feel about having a portrait of a passed pet. I fear it will do the exact opposite of helping with grief. But, everyone deals with grief differently
I like having something to remember them. My memory after being sick is crap and I'm afraid I'd forget them faster. Except that I don't want to jinx them, I've considered getting some of my cat and dog that are still around while I can still get pictures for references. It wasn't until I was trying to find pictures of Tiger to send that I realized I barely had any of him.

It definitely hurts early on as it's a reminder of a sad part of your life. But I found them helpful after you've learned to live with that sadness for awhile.

Yeah, I guess so. I like to find ways to remember them without actually seeing them, like for example keeping the collars from my dogs and a tuft of fur, or for my first betta I remember him through his tank mates, the plants and the tank itself

I don't know how I feel about having a portrait of a passed pet. I fear it will do the exact opposite of helping with grief. But, everyone deals with grief differently
I knew it would be a welcome gift, as she'd done something similar with past dogs, she's gotten ornaments that looked like them
I was just careful that I gave her some time to grieve before giving it to her. Didn't want to pour salt on the wound right away.

Back
Top Bottom