LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Well, except language changes based on how it's used and most people consider cows to be any members of domestic cattle. ;)

Like how the average person thinks they're "peacocks" not peafowl. Or how some people consider chicken and fish to not be "meat" but also we have the "meat" of a nut.

Maybe I've looked at too many comics about Wittgenstein. I'm a dirty descriptivist.

"noun
noun: cow; plural noun: cows
  1. 1.
    a fully grown female animal of a domesticated breed of ox, kept to produce milk or beef.
    "a dairy cow"
    • (loosely) a domestic bovine animal, regardless of sex or age.
    • (in farming) a female domestic bovine animal which has borne more than one calf.
    • the female of certain other large animals, for example elephant, rhinoceros, whale, or seal."

Last edited:
9A4C6783-1F69-40D6-AC28-DA1664F02080.png

My grandpa yelling about lesbians ruining the sanctity of marriage right before I was planning to come out as bi.
Darn.
My mother, rest her soul, was of the don't-tell-the-grandparents persuasion. When my sister had a baby without a marriage, my mother just didn't tell my grandmother. And my sister went along with her.

But that's not right, so when I found out, I took on the task, myself. I told my grandmother that she finally had a grandchild with the exact same brown eyes as she did, and how everyone in the family was so excited about him! After some baby-description-chit-chat, she asked if my sister had married the father. No, I said, and if you knew him, you would know that it was for the best that she didn't marry him.

She never asked anything else about the situation, but she kept my nephew's photos on the refrigerator for everyone to see and bragged to everybody about him until the day she died.

My point is that you need an angle your grandpa can relate to. You will be able to find something that will make him think this is just the very best situation for you and for the family.

I mean, instead of your life being about some meaningless talk show posturing.

That's way easier when you're over 18 and financially independent. >_> Just something to think about.

Oh yeah. For sure. Don’t come out if it’s not safe for you. Sometimes better to bite your pride.
Darn.
My mother, rest her soul, was of the don't-tell-the-grandparents persuasion. When my sister had a baby without a marriage, my mother just didn't tell my grandmother. And my sister went along with her.

But that's not right, so when I found out, I took on the task, myself. I told my grandmother that she finally had a grandchild with the exact same brown eyes as she did, and how everyone in the family was so excited about him! After some baby-description-chit-chat, she asked if my sister had married the father. No, I said, and if you knew him, you would know that it was for the best that she didn't marry him.

She never asked anything else about the situation, but she kept my nephew's photos on the refrigerator for everyone to see and bragged to everybody about him until the day she died.

My point is that you need an angle your grandpa can relate to. You will be able to find something that will make him think this is just the very best situation for you and for the family.

I mean, instead of your life being about some meaningless talk show posturing.
Yes, most of my family, except for that grandpa, really, has come around. There’s no changing him, and he’s moving away which I think is a blessing. I will not repeat what he said about Jewish people at the last family zoom call.

Oh yeah. For sure. Don’t come out if it’s not safe for you. Sometimes better to bite your pride.

Yes, most of my family, except for that grandpa, really, has come around. There’s no changing him, and he’s moving away which I think is a blessing. I will not repeat what he said about Jewish people at the last family zoom call.

Sad to think of all that some people are missing because they won't accept people as they are. My father-in-law is like that, and it seems to be chiseled in stone.

Back
Top Bottom