LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

its in my signature. I know you can see it. Its in PURE bold. It makes me want to CRY when I get called SHE or GIRL or whatever. I'm fed up... IS it really all that hard to not mention gender in a sentence? If you have to "they" fits in real nice, or use my name!!!!!!!
I'm so sorry you are having that experience. *hugs* I'm also very sorry if I have ever misgendered you. Even though I use gender neutral pronouns daily I'm still socialized to be gender specific. I'm looking forward to the day when gender isn't such a big deal. I truly believe that it is coming.

In case you don't know, when I use my phone on vertical/profile mode I can't read your signature. When I turn it horizontal then I can. I use my phone on vertical 99+% of the time and I suspect there are other members who do as well. I'm absolutely not trying to excuse unacceptable behavior. Homophobic or transphobic behavior is never ok. I'm just saying that there may be some people that don't know you prefer to use they/them because their phones are vertical. 💖

I'm so sorry you are having that experience. *hugs* I'm also very sorry if I have ever misgendered you. Even though I use gender neutral pronouns daily I'm still socialized to be gender specific. I'm looking forward to the day when gender isn't such a big deal. I truly believe that it is coming.

In case you don't know, when I use my phone on vertical/profile mode I can't read your signature. When I turn it horizontal then I can. I use my phone on vertical 99+% of the time and I suspect there are other members who do as well. I'm absolutely not trying to excuse unacceptable behavior. Homophobic or transphobic behavior is never ok. I'm just saying that there may be some people that don't know you prefer to use they/them because their phones are vertical. 💖

That makes more sense. The people who do it a lot, I tell them, and they still don't. But it makes sense that the majority of people just don't see it :)

That makes more sense. The people who do it a lot, I tell them, and they still don't. But it makes sense that the majority of people just don't see it :)
The people who misgender you intentionally are completely out of line. *hugs*

I know I'm a stranger, but I support you. Whatever path is best for you. 💖🦄🌈

I'm still stuck in gender specific mode too, sometimes; no excuse, but I have decades of experience to overcome.

A long time ago (1970s), just about everyone was he/him, unless you knew specifically the person was female. Example: "Everyone was sitting at his desk."

So, um, what about the girls, huh? People began to say, "sitting at his or her desk." Long and clunky, that.

"They" wasn't considered the best substitute, because it meant plural. There was a attempt to get a gender neutral singular, but it didn't catch on. Maybe because no one word got used enough.

So now they/them is both plural and singular gender neutral. I'm totally FINE with that! It's easy to use, and the meaning is usually clear by context.

English does not exist in a vacuum. It changes, and it's changing faster now. Want to see how much has changed? Think of Shakespeare. It's kind of hard to read. Well, try Chaucer. You need a translation.

:hugs@chickentrains

I'm still stuck in gender specific mode too, sometimes; no excuse, but I have decades of experience to overcome.

A long time ago (1970s), just about everyone was he/him, unless you knew specifically the person was female. Example: "Everyone was sitting at his desk."

So, um, what about the girls, huh? People began to say, "sitting at his or her desk." Long and clunky, that.

"They" wasn't considered the best substitute, because it meant plural. There was a attempt to get a gender neutral singular, but it didn't catch on. Maybe because no one word got used enough.

So now they/them is both plural and singular gender neutral. I'm totally FINE with that! It's easy to use, and the meaning is usually clear by context.

English does not exist in a vacuum. It changes, and it's changing faster now. Want to see how much has changed? Think of Shakespeare. It's kind of hard to read. Well, try Chaucer. You need a translation.

:hugs@chickentrains
You make an excellent point about the evolution of language!

Back
Top Bottom