LGD's for chickens

I no I need a fence but unfortunately with 7 acres its very costly to get done so I am not able to do that anytime soon. something I will have to figure out as I go I geuss.

We are now having the same problem...we need an LGD because our 150ish chickens on our 7 acres keep getting attacked, but we don't have fenced property, and putting up a fence isn't an option because of how our property is set up...how is your LGD doing now? has it stayed on your property? We considerd something like an English shepherd, because they supposedly aren't prone to wandering, but im not sure what we are going to do yet.

We are now having the same problem...we need an LGD because our 150ish chickens on our 7 acres keep getting attacked, but we don't have fenced property, and putting up a fence isn't an option because of how our property is set up...how is your LGD doing now? has it stayed on your property? We considerd something like an English shepherd, because they supposedly aren't prone to wandering, but im not sure what we are going to do yet.
As prone to wandering, some can wander too, but generally not as bad as some LGD's.

Work on getting dogs practiced on the property boundaries and not crossing them when walked about, ideally on leash at first.

Back
Top Bottom