Lice and mites help!

I know! They were cracking me up so I had to take the picture. There were two 16 weeks and four 6 week olds all in together lol. Normally I only see one hen at a time. The top hens always get first dibs.

I used permectrin II as a dip - 5 gallon homer bucket. I dipped twice at a 15 day interval. Treated the coop, yard and enclosure. Its been a couple months, we went from a pretty major flock wide infestation to all clean. We took a two week per treatment off period for eating eggs. It says its safe, but better cautious than allergic.

A small cintainer will last a long time. A big container will last longer. I also use it with coconut oil for face and horn fly rub for my sheep goats and horse friends. We've had a good experience with it. Worth every penny.

My chickens have mites and lice now
Go to Tractor Supply or any feed store and buy a spray that contains 10% permethrin and a sprayer. Mix 5 ml (1 teaspoon) per quart and spray all birds. Strip all bedding from coops and nesting boxes, then spray. Be sure to get in all the cracks and crevices.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom