Lice and Molting

averyyr

In the Brooder
May 3, 2021
Hi! I recently discovered a lice problem on my chickens and I’ve been trying to figure a way to treat it but it seems all my chickens are molting. They have all the signs and I would like to treat them for the lice but I’m not sure how to do it without hurting/stressing them. They have been dust bathing recently but it keeps raining every week so I’m not sure it’ll be enough. As of now they are all active on sunny days and seem to be quite unbothered. Any suggestions?

Hi! I recently discovered a lice problem on my chickens and I’ve been trying to figure a way to treat it but it seems all my chickens are molting. They have all the signs and I would like to treat them for the lice but I’m not sure how to do it without hurting/stressing them. They have been dust bathing recently but it keeps raining every week so I’m not sure it’ll be enough. As of now they are all active on sunny days and seem to be quite unbothered. Any suggestions?
Get a bottle of Poultry dust with Permethrin and dust under each wing, in their butt fluff and under their hackle feathers.
Inspect them the night after dusting and weekly thereafter and repeat the treatment if you see any lice.
If you see nits on their feather bases, treat them weekly until the lice are gone.

Back
Top Bottom