Lice eggs?

Going to guess you live in the UK,
due to the treatments you've listed,
where permethrin is not easily available?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 2468416
I’m in Australia, I am on a phone and can’t seem to find where to add it to my profile?

I do have a permethrin spray, but I started using ivermectin when my lovely rooster had scaly leg mite which then spread to his head and wattles, and then his entire body, it was awful and he eventually had to be put to sleep, the vet wasn’t even sure what was wrong in the end, but the leg mite was the start of his demise. Since then I have used ivermectin, as the vet said this would also stop any more leg mite.
I still dust with pestene or at least DE because I am so cautious

I used DE in past and it didn't do anything. The permethrin did. My birds were in pretty bad shape. I thought they were molting but weren't getting their feathers back in and that is when I discovered the pests and got the permethrin and started treatments with it. I'm pretty sure I might have lost some birds if I hadn't started treating the birds when I did. Good luck...

I was pretty mad at myself for not catching the problem earlier. I have had to treat the birds since but I'll never let them get so infested again. I had never had the problem before until the past two/three years.

I’m in Australia, I am on a phone and can’t seem to find where to add it to my profile?
Oh, I know nothing of phones... @Kiki does tho.

I still dust with pestene or at least DE because I am so cautious
Pestene(sulfer) is way better than DE.
But really no insecticide should be used unless you see live bugs as it can build resistance.

But really no insecticide should be used unless you see live bugs as it can build resistance.
Click your tiny avatar at the top of the screen...
Screenshot_20201231-075125.png

So don’t treat at all unless you see bugs? I am paranoid so they get regular checks, but I am still worried I would miss something, I have around 30 (and counting) so it would be easy to.

Back
Top Bottom