Lice, it won't go away :(

rdtrbl

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 26, 2013
Vancouver WA
When we got our chickens they came infested with mites and one with lice. I did 3 treatments of poultry dust on all birds and deep cleaned the coop. Mites are gone but my one gal with the lice is infested still. No one else seems to have them. It was suggested on my FB group to use Adams flea dip but no stores in my area carry flea dip and this is probably the last week of hot weather here so my time is limited to order it online. Would the spray be as effective? Can I cut the feathers that have eggs off?
What is your true and proven way to rid lice?
This poor bird has no neck feathers and looks raggid, she needs relief like yesterday.
Please help.

When we got our chickens they came infested with mites and one with lice. I did 3 treatments of poultry dust on all birds and deep cleaned the coop. Mites are gone but my one gal with the lice is infested still. No one else seems to have them. It was suggested on my FB group to use Adams flea dip but no stores in my area carry flea dip and this is probably the last week of hot weather here so my time is limited to order it online. Would the spray be as effective? Can I cut the feathers that have eggs off?
What is your true and proven way to rid lice?
This poor bird has no neck feathers and looks raggid, she needs relief like yesterday.
Please help.
I wonder if you could use frontline made for cats as it kills that sort of thing. I was watching Dr. Pol and he used it to clear up ear mites in a rabbit, even though the package did not specify for a rabbit. Research that a bit, it may work great. I she were mine, and I got no results from other products, I would try it. As long as the package doesn't specifically say not for chickens or poultry.

Back
Top Bottom