Lice on Chickens

LondonKallie

Chirping
Sep 25, 2020
Mansfield Texas
I am assuming this is lice, but I haven't noticed my chickens showing any symptoms. Honestly, the only way I found out of these bugs/eggs on them was because my rooster started mounting my hens more and they were losing feathers on their back so I was putting saddles on them. In their vent area, there were bugs running around/ and or (not on all 5 hens) they would have some eggs on the shaft of the feathers near the vent. I searched my "teenage" chickens - nothing. Searched my 2 roosters - nothing. None on my ducks or geese. So I cleaned the entire coop out, applied DE everywhere, fluffed each chicken individually with DE, and gave it a few days. Then one of the chickens lost their saddle and the cloth fabric under it is covered in eggs. Mites or Lice - I've seen online you can use permethrin, but I'm unsure on how they suggest it applied. Does anyone know?

You should use Manna Pro Spray.

It helps with getting rid of lice, mites, etc... I have used it many times to get rid of a lice infestation, and it worked great!
I like it because it is safer for chickens all around, and you can spray this on them (even their roosting bars, and coop!) many times a day.

You should use Manna Pro Spray.

It helps with getting rid of lice, mites, etc... I have used it many times to get rid of a lice infestation, and it worked great!
I like it because it is safer for chickens all around, and you can spray this on them (even their roosting bars, and coop!) many times a day.
And is this something I apply to the chickens or to the coop?

You can apply it to both: the chickens and their coop :) once or twice a day for as long you deem necessary.
You just spray it directly on the hens, on their skin underneath their feathers and on their feathers, avoiding their face.

Back
Top Bottom