Life from the Parsonage - A Journal of our Journey.

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I have 5 little chicks so far, 2 more have pipped. The other eggs so far are setting quietly as possible, with 5 chicks rolling them around.

I have found this excitement may, or may not, wear off, but I certainly love how my family are enjoying the new life in our house!

This morning when my son climbed out of bed and ran in there to check the eggs, he was sucking his lip, eyes big, and not saying a word....one chick got right under the window, cocked it's head so it was looking directly at him...he said, "Holy Cow!" Remember he's four...that was priceless to me! My daughter, who's eight, has been squealing non-stop....she wants to be the first one they see...she's heard me talking about 'imprinting'....she asks me over and over and over if I think, that they will think, that she is their mommy.

fl.gif
I'm hoping for the rest of the eggs, and healthy chicks!
fl.gif

jumpy.gif

Another one just came! That makes six...it's a buff, kinda worried, when it rolled over, I saw red at it's belly....?

And the chicks!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Here are photos

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, Not yet! (I hope) I had 13 eggs that made it past day 14.
Buff, Black silkies.... I hope the rest will hatch!
Hey here is a question....are Black silkies born white, then change? Cause I've got 2 running around that are almost white! with black beaks. I'm hoping for at least one white one...they are so pretty...I love all the colors...but would be neat to have one of each...
I have another egg that has pipped...and so far...haven't seen anything else on the eggs...
I ordered from bamachicken (there is a bamachick)
This dear lady is a fellow ministers wife....
love.gif

But I'm sure both are good.
I hope you have wonderful hatch blessings!
fl.gif

If the egg had BS on it that would mean a egg from Blue Roo over splash hen eggs. If it came from the black pen it would have had BLK. Bu for buff. Silkies have black skin. The splash will look silvery white when they hatch they get the splash as they mature. with real feathers. Sounds like your having a pretty good hatch.

jumpy.gif

Thank you, still learning...
And still on chick number six....one has made some progress. But still not out of the shell.
Is there normally this long of wait time between eggs hatching?
caf.gif
caf.gif
caf.gif

I believe my last one, after searching, has what is called, a rough navel.
Any advice?
fl.gif

roll.png

Patience is a virtue, right? I also know NOT to pray for more patience....who wants trials?
he.gif

But I can tell you, #7, God's perfect #, just made her entrance to the Rev.'s farm......lol!
jumpy.gif

My brooder is ready and waiting...
D.gif

It's real fancy....plastic tub, w/ ole T-shirt and then papertowels on top....
wink.png

The light hanging my husband fixed, looks ridiculous!
lau.gif

(I'm not going to tell him that!)
duc.gif
& it is holding steady at 95!
So glad he did that, he works long and difficult hours, a pastor is a lot like a mother, it never ends!
hu.gif

I will say Thank you, lovely of you to fix it, and let it be!

No, not unless I get braver, will I post pictures!

Oh yes, I've had a couple of PM, wanting to know how I broke my wrist...
The day after Thanksgiving, I always put up my Christmas tree. I was doing just such a thing, couldn't reach what I needed, and instead of getting the stepstool, (which was in the pantry) I grabbed a barstool that twirls...needless to say I was flat on my back, unconscious, in about 60 seconds. (My head hit the corner of the coffee table) Now, that may sound bad...but! I did not feel the actual break, my head hit first....mercy, I think it is called. I came to, to hear someone screaming....finally figured out it was me, and my chidren were crying, my husband was in great distress, he was trying to call 10 people at once, get shoes and coats on little ones, and listening to me moan and cry the whole time. One of the church ladies met us at the ER and took the children home with her till I was released.
My son would (still does) tell everyone that I fell out of 'the' tree, it does cause some looks!
idunno.gif

Anyway, that is past, God is good, and I try not to climb on the stools much, yeah, I know...I'm going to get rid of them.
My advice....don't climb things that twirl!...In fact don't climb unless someone is standing there holding your skirttails!
old.gif

Sounds like your having a good hatch. I wouldln't do anything to the navel if it is not bleeding. your brooder box sound familar. I have a tub I put in the deep sink in laundry room for the first three or four days then move them to outside brooder. I hang a clamp light and they do well. I have some to get out of the incubator in a few min. Looking forward to seeing your pictures. I have got to go get eggs in and get ready for Church. Talk later JUlie

Back
Top Bottom