Life Happens- Mom's Health, My Health, and the man... **Update Pg 48**

Quote:
Nope. See, I've been the one to call or text 90% of the time. I've decided that he doesn't like to text, and that's fine. But I'm not making most of the effort most of the time. I don't want to be the crazy girlfriend. I figure if he wants to hear from me, he can get ahold of me. This was his deal, and he can call me if plans have changed. Call me a stubborn 'ol biddy.

YOu're right.. let him call you...
fl.gif

x 2!!! hard to get but sweet is the best:)

Quote:
Nope. See, I've been the one to call or text 90% of the time. I've decided that he doesn't like to text, and that's fine. But I'm not making most of the effort most of the time. I don't want to be the crazy girlfriend. I figure if he wants to hear from me, he can get ahold of me. This was his deal, and he can call me if plans have changed. Call me a stubborn 'ol biddy.

Sometimes its best not to overanalyze things. Things are never 50/50. Texting and calling may end up being 90% you. In my own experience it's always been the girls who did most of it and when they stopped I sorta freaked and thought something was wrong. We set patterns early on in relationships. It's not right or wrong, it just is.

Texting for key things, like a schedule, or once or twice a day to say "Hi" or "I just put clean sheets on the bed" is just fine. Just talk about it simply and assertively.

Quote:

Sometimes its best not to overanalyze things. Things are never 50/50. Texting and calling may end up being 90% you. In my own experience it's always been the girls who did most of it and when they stopped I sorta freaked and thought something was wrong. We set patterns early on in relationships. It's not right or wrong, it just is.

Texting for key things, like a schedule, or once or twice a day to say "Hi" or "I just put clean sheets on the bed" is just fine. Just talk about it simply and assertively.

I dont think I have ever said "I just put clean sheets on bed"!! Who says that?? I text -"sheets are clean meet you in 20 minutes!" haha thats simple and assertive!

warning to the newbie daters-Ive been married forever so I can talk like that to SO -so early on in your relationships that would be hoochy! LOL

Have you thought about how you're going to react/speak to him when he calls? You know, if it's NOT a reasonable excuse? Have you planned ahead for that? You know, so that you can be the calm one? Or how you're going to react if he does have a good reason for not calling??

I hope it works out for ya'!

Quote:
First year - "Clean sheets"
Second year - "Get naked"
Third year - "Why are you naked?"

fourth year-"Seriously?-move it-Im tired!"

I love second year!!!

Quote:
First year - "Clean sheets"
Second year - "Get naked"
Third year - "Why are you naked?"

fourth year-"Seriously?-move it-Im tired!"

I love second year!!!

Yeah, year 2 is cool (I guess, only been there once). You know the person well enough to feel real comfortable with, you know what they like (flavor of ice cream - this is a family forum), they know what you like (probably know but don't care), and everything is perfect. Year three is where REAL LOVE must take over and most relationships fail or move onto marriage only to fail a few years down the road.

Ooops, sorry, got a little cynical there. Snap out of it PC.

Back
Top Bottom