Light Brahma, 10 weeks, Sex?

Hey folks,

1 of my 8 chicks (supposedly all pullets) has had a red comb and waddles since about 7.5 weeks and is also much taller and larger than my other light brahmas. The other 7 have small, barely raised, salmon colored combs and are just barely getting their waddles 2.5 weeks later.

Other than that I'm struggling to find differences between this one and the others. I know brahma chickens can be difficult to sex until they are older, what should I be looking for? If there is something that sticks out in these photos, can you tell me which photo (I numbered them) and share what sticks out to you or where I should be looking as they develop?

Thank you!

Photo 1:
View attachment 3517906

Comparison 1:
Chick in question:
Photo 2a:
View attachment 3517916

1 of the 7 that look the same:
Photo 2B:
View attachment 3517917

Comparison 2:
Tried to get a good shot of the face:
Photo 3a:

View attachment 3517919

The below chick was not thrilled with the sound the camera made, so she's a little fluffier than normal:
Photos 3b:
View attachment 3517920

Photo of the back of his head
Photo 4:
View attachment 3517921
My light brahmas.. allegedly 6 pullet one had been very red since about 4½ weeks, very cocky boy... but now the 1 that i we already questioning the past week has a triple pea comb and itty bitty wattles... i ordered 6 more girls and a roo 5 weeks ago not realizing i had 1, and those are 2 weeks old and by the tail i fell like i may have 2 more roos...thank God i love in the country where they can run free
You definitely have a cockerel!

Back
Top Bottom