Light brahma & blue mix?

mararva

Songster
Premium Feather Member
May 20, 2020
These are my four chicks I bought at TS in early June. Two are light brahma and two are "blue plymouth rock", but I read on another thread that TS doesn't always label correctly. So what breed would the blue ones be? Also, I'm assuming I have to wait a few more weeks to id the gender, correct?
Thanks for any info!

Attachments

• 20220712_092506.jpg
    20220712_092506.jpg
    896 KB · Views: 29
Ts uses the labels that are sent with the chicks, and hoovers, where they get the chicks is notorious for wrong labels. What color are the legs? plus Plymouth rocks are barred rocks crossed with blue Andalusian, I *think* that makes them sexlink?

Ts uses the labels that are sent with the chicks, and hoovers, where they get the chicks is notorious for wrong labels. What color are the legs? plus Plymouth rocks are barred rocks crossed with blue Andalusian, I *think* that makes them sexlink?
The legs are dark on the top and lighter under the toes. They were sold as pullets, but one has a slightly larger comb and seems more assertive. Hopefully not a rooster...

My saphire gem/blue Plymouth rock has darker slate legs with light on bottom of feet.. if I breed her with my light brahma roo will her babies still be sex link? Gray pullets and barred cockrells?

My saphire gem/blue Plymouth rock has darker slate legs with light on bottom of feet.. if I breed her with my light brahma roo will her babies still be sex link? Gray pullets and barred cockrells?

No. Sapphire Gems are only sexable with the first pairing. You can make a sex linked bird by breeding a barred female to a solid, no barred male.

Back
Top Bottom