Light Brahma chick question

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by paddock36, Feb 18, 2009.

1. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I just purchased several baby chicks from a local breeder and two of the chicks are supposed to be Light Brahmas but they do not have feathers on the feet or legs. The pictures of adults show feathers. Does that mean these are probably mixed? Doesn't really matter but just wondering. Thanks for help. Sorry the picture doesn't show the feet. The lightest colored two in the picture are the ones I'm speaking of. [​IMG]

2. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    Sorry but light braham's have feathered legs. There also gray/brown/tan not plain yellow.

3. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Light Brahma chicks are light yellow with feathered legs.

4. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    They do have greyish and brown on the wings and a little on the heads but it doesn't show on the picture, but no feathers on the feet. They are not that old though is it possible they will get feathers on the feet? Here's hoping![​IMG]

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Light brahmas are supposed to have feathered feet. Those arent light brahmas.

ETA: I have 6 brahmas in the incubator right now. I will try to take some pictures when I take them out later, and post them here so you can see.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  6. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Sorry...I agree with the rest. I have had several LF and bantam variety brahmas and they don't look anything like my chicks did.[​IMG] and [​IMG]
    Some of the best chicks are mutts:p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by