LIGHT BRAHMA CHICK question

Quote:
Depends on the hatchery really. They each have their strong points, or strong breeds, as it were.
Here are two of my light brahma hens, with two dark brahma hens and my dark brahma roo:

xmaspics010.jpg

Quote:
looks like you have a dark brahma, or a poor colored hatchery light brahma. all of mine hatch out yellow, very little blk at that age

Quote:
looks like you have a dark brahma, or a poor colored hatchery light brahma. all of mine hatch out yellow, very little blk at that age

Definitely not a dark brahma. The dark brahmas feather out COMPLETELY different from the lights and buffs. I'm guessing a poorly marked light brahma, still guessing it's a roo and I'll go a guess further and say it probably came from McMurray.

My Light Brahmas came from Privett Hatchery in NM and were light yellow when I got them as day olds. Now they are beautiful white and black.

Honestly, those actually look like my Silver Laced Cochins, only with less feathering on their legs.

Quote:
Yeah, I've seen other supposedly light brahmas from them that had alot of black to their back feathers.

Back
Top Bottom