Light Brahma chick slow growing?

serenityNH

Songster
8 Years
Mar 7, 2011
Raymond, NH
Hi All!

I have 10 chicks that are 8 days old, one of the Light Brahma chicks seems very far behind everyone else. All the other chicks have wing feathers growing in rapidly and tail feathers emerging, but this little girl only has a couple little feathers on her wings and that's it. She is also now smaller then the other chicks including the other Light Brahma whom she was the same size as up until a few days ago. Even her feet feathers are far behind
hmm.png

Should I be concerned? Is there something I can do to help her a long or is this normal chick stuff?

Oh....They are on medicated feed and she was actually the only chick that had pasty bum, very minor though- could that have anything to do with it?

Thanks for any advice
smile.png

I don't really have any helpful advice, but see you haven't received any replies so I'm hoping someone will respond with some ideas. It seems that I've seen past threads with this concern and with a little extra attention the chicks eventually do fine, though may never catch up size-wise. Good luck - hope all turns out well.

Last edited:
Can we see a pic of the chicks, particularly the one in question?

Gotta tell you. I have LF brahmas and you have described a baby brahma roo.
hide.gif

Quote:
Yeah, that was a concern when I got them. I posted in the LB thread and a couple people that seemed very knowledgeable said that sometimes high quality LB are some times darker as chicks? Hope they are right! I also contacted the place I got the chicks from and they swore all of their LB look like that? I guess we will see
hu.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom