Light Brahma girl actually a boy?

Jingles1234

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2016
I'm new to the chicken world so I ordered my chicks through the local feed store. I ordered all females. 1 light brahma and two amerucanas. My light brahma looks like a rooster to me and acts like one to me too. Can you guys tell by this photo. He/she is 13 weeks old.

This looks like my 13-wk-old cockerel. I thought I got 3 Light Brahma pullets. Nope! "Edna" is now named "Edgar"' The two pullets (same age) have almost no wattle, the the comb is pink, not red. The cockerel has a distinct red comb (3 ridges) and red wattles developing nicely! He also acts like a roo. Bullying and herding the ladies around like a boss!

I'm new to the chicken world so I ordered my chicks through the local feed store. I ordered all females. 1 light brahma and two amerucanas. My light brahma looks like a rooster to me and acts like one to me too. Can you guys tell by this photo. He/she is 13 weeks old.

Ugh. That's what I thought. Now I have a multiple rooster issue. I've got younger chicks and one is a boy for sure and I think I have a third as well.... this one is top chicken, let's me pet him and pick him up. I have a 3 year old and 2 year old (human children) so I'm not really sure about having a ton of male chickens around. Thoughts on that or is that a different thread?

Back
Top Bottom