Light Brahma rooster is increasingly aggressive

sammirae09

Songster
7 Years
Jun 11, 2014
USA
My Coop
My Coop
My light Brahma rooster is now attacking all the hens and my other rooster pulling feathers aggressively. I tried to give him a chance and basically separated him for a bit and when I let him back out he was right back at it.

He is a little over 4 months

is there any way to stop this behavior or is it time to rehome him?

Attachments

• 95CAF908-0A29-4A71-9D9C-098F3E70D285.jpeg
    95CAF908-0A29-4A71-9D9C-098F3E70D285.jpeg
    731.6 KB · Views: 58
That's when it starts, he is now sexually mature.
Having 2 males can make them both more aggressive.
Are the girls the same age?
They won't be receptive until they are close to point of lay(~6 months old).

If you don't really need a male, to hatch out more birds, then I'd get rid of them both.

That's when it starts, he is now sexually mature.
Having 2 males can make them both more aggressive.
Are the girls the same age?
They won't be receptive until they are close to point of lay(~6 months old).

If you don't really need a male, to hatch out more birds, then I'd get rid of them both.
I want to breed the Rhode Island reds so I want to at least keep that rooster. The light Brahma I was originally given him with the lady thinking he was a hen lol he’s not a hen haha

My light Brahma rooster is now attacking all the hens and my other rooster pulling feathers aggressively. I tried to give him a chance and basically separated him for a bit and when I let him back out he was right back at it.

Get a empty feed Bag walk towards him with it he should retreat and not bother you . They don’t know what the feed bag is . Think it’s a predator. Do this every time you walk
Outside near him . Until he see you as the alpha it works.

Grab him hold him face down in front of the other chickens and talk softly to him stroking his head and neck. Trust me he will 100% understand that message. It’s complete dominance and humiliation in front of his hens. You may have to do it a couple times. If that doesn’t work, grab him and carry him around for a few minutes by his feet. Chickens aren’t as stupid as some think. What your young rooster is trying to do is dominate everything in his environment. This is normal. You just have to let him know that you can do and will completely dominate him if he continues his shenanigans and aggression towards you.

Back
Top Bottom