Light brown egg shells white chalky , and rough

free range by day

Songster
5 Years
Jan 2, 2019
Every single light brown egg shell ( I believe from my one and only Delaware ) has been very rough and/ or white chalky spots and raised bumps. Every single one since she started laying! Anyone know why that would be? Pic attached. I have 4 Rhode Island Reds, 2 red sex links, 1 black australorp, 1 Delaware, 2 leghorns( because I just had to, lol) . My Delaware is the only breed in my flock that would have these very light brown eggs. Also, she’s from my newest batch of chickens and I never had light brown eggs before that last group. TYIA .

Attachments

• D0DDBE48-3F02-4B93-8D3E-97DE15DECEEB.jpeg
    D0DDBE48-3F02-4B93-8D3E-97DE15DECEEB.jpeg
    331.1 KB · Views: 50
Every single light brown egg shell ( I believe from my one and only Delaware ) has been very rough and/ or white chalky spots and raised bumps. Every single one since she started laying! Anyone know why that would be? Pic attached. I have 4 Rhode Island Reds, 2 red sex links, 1 black australorp, 1 Delaware, 2 leghorns( because I just had to, lol) . My Delaware is the only breed in my flock that would have these very light brown eggs. Also, she’s from my newest batch of chickens and I never had light brown eggs before that last group. TYIA .
It seems to be calcium deposits. They are still edible but maybe layoff of feeding her so much calcium.

Could be too much calcium in the diet, or could just be the way she rolls.
Not all chicken lay perfect eggs.
I have had several birds that lay bumpy and/or chalky eggs.

Back
Top Bottom