lightning just hit ...

Quote:
Yea, they sure are a good band!!
big_smile.png

But in all seriousness, I'm glad everyone is alright, it certainly is very scary. Lightning sure does have a lot of potential! Hardy har har, I made a funny!

I love our desert lightning but I have a great respect for it. When I was 13 we had a horse that hated to trailer and one time no matter what we couldn't get her in. So my grandad drove the truck slowly and I stood in the horse trailer with the lead rope over the back door. I was so mad because it was raining and I was soaking wet and was ready to just drop the rope and say good luck. Lightning hit in the cotton field to the left of us not far off the road and blew out all 4 tires on the horse trailer, blew the horse about 15 feet to the other side of the road and burned my hands and melted the bottoms of my boots. You will never convince me you are safe in a vehicle because of the rubber tires, I know for a fact it's not true.

When they rebuilt my face in March of '92, the plates and screws they used are stainless steel. The Dr.s told me not to go out in lightning but I thought they were joking and until '97 I never had reason to believe them. I was standing on my porch with Steven during a beautiful thunder and lightning storm when lightning hit in a field across from us. You could feel the tingling and my face felt warm but not hot. Steven looked at me with huge eyes, he was only 6, and said "Mom, your face glowed!". After we went inside there was small red mark on the skin over ever plate and screw in my face.

holy cow....

I had a friend. Back in around 92 that she and her brother and sister were in an antique car.. i dont remember if it had seatbelts but if it did it were just the lap belts..

anyway the brother was driving and got hit head on my friend was in the front seat and hit the dash.. broke every bone in her face and they had to put her face back together with plates and screws.. But I did get to see her wedding pictures. She was more beautiful than before the accident..

Back
Top Bottom