"Lights" to sine on the coop!!! yeah

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickon baby, Nov 28, 2009.

1. chickon baby

chickon baby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    st charles
    I am sooo eggcited!!! The back yard is pitch black at night and the motion light does go on if something is in front of the coop doors.A while back,I had asked DH how difficult it would be to put some lights up and a switch inside the house?? He said he wouldnt be hard...Well this past week DS n DH dug a trench for the underground wires and put 2 big lights up on the back of the barn which is in front of the coop..Today,I flipped the switch n TA~DAAA!!! The back yard was lit up!!! So now when I hear coyottes,like the other night...The back yard is lit up w/out flash lights...I am Oh sooo THANKFUL...Had to share!!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm waiting on an electrician to give me an estimate to do something similar in my backyard at present... only my flood lights would go on top of the feed shed next to the coop, over looking the garden... hey, I could do weeding at night that way.

Congrats on the upgrade.

3. accio! chickens

accio! chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    CANADA
    We have to get a pole electrician in to hook up our chicken house next year... actually, by then it won't be a chicken barn anymore LOL but my goat barn and the chickens moved to a chicken trailer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by