Likeychicky

Likeychicky

Chirping
Sep 26, 2017
El Dorado, AR
Hi all. I'm new to BYC. I live in South Arkansas, with my husband. I got my 6 chicks (one week old) May 5, 2017. 3 turned out to be roosters. When they started to crow we had toget rid of them (no roosters in city limits). Our local ASPCA took them left us with 3 hens. They are Easter Eggers. With 1 having a scissor beak. Our hens free range our large back yard. A month ago I caught a hawk in my yard and it got one of my good hens ( our scissors beak hasn't laid any eggs). I hand feed her her feed and have gotten her to eat that mush off the ground like other hens. She has gained weight and caught up in size. She is sweet.

There is a scissor beak support thread for their caregivers, somewhere on BYC. Meanwhile they used to say to pile the feed high, so the bird has more of a chance to grab some.
I make a thick mush with her feed/ water, spinach, etc. she starts eating out of my spoon then I pile it in the grass and she eats all she wants. She was starving before I realized & started hand feeding her.

Hello and welcome to BYC!! It’s so nice to have you join us. welcome.gif

This video may help with learning how to navigate the new site.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask one of us. :)

Back
Top Bottom