Lil' Bit is losing her itty bitty chicken mind!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by gritsar, May 9, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    And she's gonna cause me to lose mine! [​IMG]
    Every morning for the past three weeks when I've gone to let the chickens out, I find Lil' Bit on a nestbox. She stays there all day, whether she has an egg to lay that day or not.
    She does all the typical broody things, growls and tries to bite, so I know better than to try and check under her for eggs.
    Then every evening she pops off the nest in time for evening snacktime and acts all normal and loving again.
    Today she was on the nest from 9 AM till 6:30 PM. She didn't lay an egg and she isn't egg bound (I checked).
    If she wants to be broody that's fine, great actually. If she doesn't want to be broody, that's fine too. But the girl seriously needs to make up her mind! [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Women! Well, women with feathers, anyway. Sheesh. I have a potential Cochin bantam broody right now. Hours on the nest, would take your hand off, then tonight she's on her special perch. I feel your pain!!!

3. ROCKIN R FARM

ROCKIN R FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2008
    Rhome, Texas
    I know what you mean. I have a RIR that does that as well. Actually 2 I think. I am like you wished she would make up her mind. Would really like to see if they would hatch me some baby chicks.
    deana:rolleyes:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by