Lil pullets or lil Roo's?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Alleyoops25, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    Alright my last batch of hatched eggs are getting old enough that I think its getting close enough that we can make a fairly accurate guess. I already have my guess which is one roo and three pullets. THese are all mixed breeds, the white one has a mo hock on it's head show a little bit of polish. The others all show very different in types of breeds, and colors. So here they are I want your guess.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  2. NewGuineaChooks

NewGuineaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    What's their age?

I would, like you, guess roo, hen, hen, hen. but since the white one is the one with the more developed comb/wattles, and all the black one are less, it might also be the diferent genetics resulting in different maturation rates.

-Maureen

3. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    the first and last one are males [​IMG]

4. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    OOps I did forget to say that the white one is a good 25 days older than the rest.[​IMG]

5. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    My guess it roo, pullet, pullet and roo. Is the first picture the oldest one? How old are each of the chicks? The last one is cool lookin, a bit of black on the comb.

Edited: I only said roo on the last one because of the wattles.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by