Lily and her ducklings :)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goat_Walker, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Well here are some pictures of Lily and her first hatch of ducklings! Nine total. Lily and her babies are all looking for new homes [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

ahhhhhhhhh Kate... I wish I could take yur babies...... I prbly wont get alot more
    til I can retire and spend lots a time with em... they are very very pretty....
    Good Luck [​IMG]

3. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    I have got to get up there! And soon! Picking is going to be hard I can tell! [​IMG]

4. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    What an adorable crew! [​IMG] And such variety. And do you see what I mean about the Magpie 'look' coming through -- look at the perfect black cap on that one duckling. Could your Magpie be the Mom? I usually have one or two ducks that go broody and hatch everyone else's eggs.

p.s. you're going to have to keep a couple of pics of all your guys close at hand to remind you what you have to 'get back to' in the future after you've done your service. (or when you get to a point where you can count on being stationed in one place for a few years).

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

[​IMG] [​IMG] I SO wish I was closer, i would love to adopt them! I have some little mutt babies right now and have been looking to add a few more but no luck locally!

6. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

oooooo, what cuties!!!! Very pretty bunch! [​IMG]

7. Blooming chicks

Blooming chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Bucks County
    Love them! I too wish I lived closer.

8. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Quote:Lol I know! And the magpie gene is just VERY dominate in my flock. THose were all her eggs. My magpie was sitting on her own nest at the time - ( she actually surprised me this morning with 8 new ducklings! ) - But all my magpie babies and magpie grand babies all seem to come out magpie ish.

And thanks you guys! The one year when i finally have an established flock and have babies comming out of my ears - and all in the colors ive been working for! - and I go and make a life change and have to rehome them all [​IMG] I currently have about 30 ducklings - and thats after already selling about 50 at the beggining of the month! Im finally getting my blues and chocolates and all my pretty tri colored and laced mutts.

9. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Your birds are beautiful...what this? I have been missing something here,,,are you moving?? Are you in the service? You are like the Queen of Knowledge on here about these birds....I don't have any so I don't get on here each day except to look at pictures and keep reminding myself that I have to fence in the area around my pond so the ducks and geese when i get them all can not go into the road, like the ones before...

10. javajanie

javajanie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    They are so precious! Wish I lived closer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by