Lime Green Egg White in Duck Egg

Do you have a picture? Its hard for us to tell without a visual. That is really weird.

Was it sitting in the coop for very long, maybe partially incubated after maybe a hen slept on it, or played another egg on top of it?
I collect the eggs on a daily basis. My ducks stay in their coop until I have all the eggs. If I don't do this I will not find the eggs until spring. They are usually out by mid morning.
Thanks. This helps a lot. My ducks are on the same food as the chickens, Payback Layer Pellets. Right now we don't have any plants growing. Live in south central Oregon so we have snow on the ground

Just incase everyone is wondering what shepards purse is , I'll be honest I had no clue that was the name of theses plants.
View attachment 2515829
In the summer we have this growing in our pasture but everything is dormant now
Do you have a picture? Its hard for us to tell without a visual. That is really weird.

Hopefully I was able to get the picture to come through.

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 11
According to my egg customer there was no smell to the egg. I recommended she throw out the egg.
I agree with throwing it out, regardless. I might experiment with it myself but I'd never suggest anyone else do it - especially a customer.

To be honest, SO would make me throw it away so no experimenting.

Fingers crossed that it's a fluke. Weird things like this make me hesitant to sell eggs even though I totally want to. #teamanxiety At least it seems like they cracked it separately and didnt ruin whatever they were making!

Thanks to all of you for your help.

This duck egg is the only egg I've ever had any problems with & I sell a lot of eggs. I started with chickens in 2013 & sold all the eggs without any issues. A couple years ago I had 104 chickens. My husband encouraged me to decrease my flock & I did so reluctantly just to keep peace. I am now at 31 but will soon add to that in the hopes of having at least 60.

Back
Top Bottom