Limiting Debit Card Transactions? *sigh*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Camelot Farms, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/10/pf/debit_cards_limit/index.htm

This
    article on CNN previews a new plan from banks to recoup their financial losses by limiting our access to our money.
    At least one major bank is considering placing a $50.00 limit on all debit transactions.

*sigh*, I am so tired of beingpunished for Big Business failures and errors.

We use our Debit card just like cash. DH has direct deposit and so we seldom have cash on hand. I use our debit card to pay all of our bills and sadly none of them are under $50.00

Ridiculous.

2. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:They'll make even less off of us if we have to go back to writing checks, and I'm wondering if they really think the public will just cave in and pay a fee to keep using the cards for larger amounts. I won't pay them a measly $3 to use my card for a higher amount. I'll write checks. If they don't like that, I'll find another way.
    They make billions in interest by housing our money and I won't be squeezed for another red penny. I have choice words that I'd put here, but I respect the minor members of our BYC community. Suffice it to say I've an itchy driving finger.
    [​IMG]

3. nivtup

nivtup Songster

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Quote:I for one will not accept this plan.

4. justuschickens59

justuschickens59 VA Royal Blues

Apr 2, 2009
    Virginia
    I'm sick of being held at the mercy of our corrupt government and big business. I feel helpless. This is just another example of where the little guy gets screwed so the big guys can make even more $$$. *sigh* Maybe we should all go back to paying for things with money orders or cash. I would rather pay the PO for a money order than let the banks make more off me - only to have to be bailed out again in a few years.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I've never had a debit card so I guess it won't make any difference to me.....my kids all use them tho.

6. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Not all banks will do this I'm willing to bet. Someone will see a marketing opportunity there by advertising no limits to attract new accounts. Shop around if your bank does.

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Gave up on big banks years ago. Went to a local credit union. So much better.

Imp

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Quote:Me, either. In fact, they made my card a straight ATM card, period. We insisted on it.

9. classicsredone

classicsredone Songster

Jan 6, 2011
    Crunchy California
    Quote:Amen to that!

10. Orchid

Orchid Songster

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Quote:Me too and I agree!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: